Consumption of social video is accelerating at an monumental rate. Much of the public would rather watch a short video than read a page of text. Creating videos is often seen as a costly, time-consuming practice. Not any more.
Your voice is powerful. Your voice is needed. It’s time.
In this hands on workshop you will hear the latest social video trends and strategies, get exclusive access to the latest cutting edge mobile video tool (Brivvio), and make at least one video each (possibly more) ready to publish.
Topics and practices covered in this workshop:
– Latest trends in online video.
– The new wave of social video – authentic, rebellious and personal.
– Structuring short video presentations for impact and engagement.
– How to target your audience and trend on hashtags.
– Video presentation tricks & confidence building (unlearning).
– Creating and publishing short social videos with zero production.
– Science journalism (how to lead the news-cycle with branded videos)
– Hands on practical – resulting in actual videos ready to share by the end of the workshop.
– Free use of the Brivvio app + prize for best Brivvio video at the ASC 2020 conference
Recommended to have ready for the workshop:
1. An iPhone (essential, but I will have 2 spares available for practice)
2. Your logo as a PNG image file (preferably with transparency)
3. The hex codes of your brand (not essential)
4. A couple of ideas for short 1-2 minute (not essential)
If you need help preparing any of the above three things for this workshop, email Adrian at: email@example.com
How will your session be structured?
15 minute presentation
15 minute group exercise
45 minutes practical hands on
15 minutes debrief & group learning recap
What type of session will this be?
Workshop: allowing participants to actively engage in exploring a project or concept in science communication., Demonstrations: presenting innovative science communication practices with a commentary on their application and effectiveness.
What will participants gain from attending your session?
– 3x new narrative structures for short social videos (plus the framework behind them).
– Free mobile app to create and publish branded videos instantly with zero post-production.
– By the end of the workshop they will have created and posted (optionally) at least one short social video
– Skills development presenting and/or directing short social videos
Session Producer, Workshop facilitator
Adrian King, Founder, Brivvio
- Part 1 Tuesday 18th February, 9:45am – 10:45am
- Part 2 Tuesday 18th February, 11:15am-12:15pm
Where: Room G03, Learning and Teaching Building, 19 Ancora Imparo Way, Clayton