Jumping in to business can be exhilarating and terrifying. From freelancing as a side hustle to going into it full-time, there are lots of opportunities for building communication-related businesses. Having a plan for starting is useful to achieve traction as soon as possible. And luckily, there is a lot of good advice freely-available about starting a business. Heart and grit are also elements that come into play for the journey of self-discovery that is launching a business. In this talk, Claire Harris will share some of the tools she’s used (and help she’s needed) to start and run a small scicomm business.
• Getting started on a business journey.
• How a business model canvas can help you.
• Why you should consider a self-directed (or with a team) business bootcamp
• Why accountability buddies are gold
• Avoiding feelings of isolation and how to keep moving forward.
Claire Harris, Founder and Marketing-Communication Specialist, Innovate Communicate
When: Tuesday 18th February, 11:15am-12:15pm
Where: Room G21, Learning and Teaching Building, 19 Ancora Imparo Way, Clayton